Today we discuss facing challenges head-on and learning how to overcome them, whether they are in business, relationships, health, or our overall introspection.
Two great guests join me today and share their journeys along with the time, effort, and energy that led them to bring their ideas, dreams, and visions to fruition.
Don Meredith, who among many things is an author, painter, actor, and financial advisor, has been faced with many challenges in his life. He shares powerful insight on the importance of planning on our own self-sabotaging that can take place during our path to success, and discusses strategies for living an outstanding life.
Rick Carlton, Founder of SevaChild International, started his remarkably successful non-profit organization about eight years ago with virtually no money, no prior experience, and very few resources. He shares how the organization is now making an impact on the lives of many young children in India by protecting them from disease and supplying them with essential nutrition.
- Tapping into solutions to problems rather than accepting them as limitations
- Why some people can cope with the ups and downs of life easier than others
- Asking new, powerful questions to transform every area of our lives
- Addressing both our empowering and disempowering thoughts, desires, and choices
- Encouraging ultimate success through deep introspection, planning, and setting an intention
- The importance of consistently taking care of our mind, body, and overall health
- How we can start planning for our own self-sabotage and success
- Collaboration and the power of having a team of encouraging people
- Actionable secrets and strategies for living an outstanding life
- Retracing our footsteps back to the dreams and ideas that fell by the wayside
- Finding the courage to meet life’s challenges with the ability to conquer them
- How the SevaChild organization came to fruition and the powerful impact it’s making
- Embracing our failures and learning how to appreciate the lessons that they bring
“We’re always comparing our insides with other people’s outsides. We know better than that.” – Don Meredith
Don Meredith is a professional speaker, author, and has been a financial adviser since 1989.
He founded Tactical Income, INC and has created innovative and successful investment strategies for his clients.
Don began specializing in real estate tax strategies in 1999 with a special emphasis in 1031 Exchanges, and also serves as an industry consultant and adviser on 1031 Exchanges.
He has written and lectured extensively on 1031 Exchange transactions pursuant to Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, and Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) for like-kind replacement property solutions for 1031 exchange transactions.
Don is also a long-time member of the Real Estate Investment Securities Association (REISA), formerly TICA, and also San Diego County Creative Investors.
He has become known for layering investments in a way to maximize income and minimize downside risk. The independent structure of Tactical Income, INC allows him to hold the client’s interests at heart with fewer conflicts of interest. This also enables him to provide a greater opportunity bandwidth of investments to his clients that might not be available at larger brokerage firms.
Don comes from a heritage of honest, straight-forward business sense. Born in the no-nonsense state of Maine, he prides himself on his strong work ethic and the satisfaction he gains from honest planning and a respect for his clients’ time, money and trust.
Don is well known in the local community, having served as President of the Rancho Santa Fe Rotary Club, he has published numerous articles on investing and has a soon to be released book called, The DST Revolution: 1031 Exchange Into Retirement Mode.
Don enjoys his role as a financial adviser and educator and has been a frequent guest on World Talk Radio and Business Talk Radio 1170 Intelligent Talk KCBQ in San Diego. His mentoring role extends to his philanthropic work with the foster youth in the Just in Time organization.
Rick Carlton is the Founder of SevaChild International, a remarkably successful non-profit organization that he started 8 years ago without any prior experience, virtually no money, and few resources.
He has been a world citizen since the early 70s, having lived and conducted businesses on 5 continents. But, he says he never felt so fully satisfied until service became his primary focus.
Rick’s humanitarian work began while he was living in the Caribbean in the 1970s, creating job opportunities to assist impoverished Carib Indians in Honduras and uneducated West Indians on the islands of Grenada and Saint Lucia.
In the 1980s, he worked to bring international attention to the plight of the Tibetan people while maintaining a career as a business owner in the health and nutrition industry.
Rick has spent the last six years as the president of SevaChild, working in India to protect young children from the ravages of Vitamin A Deficiency Disorder. His interest and concern for the plight of impoverished children is the driving force behind this initiative.
Today, SevaChild’s supporters can protect a young child in India from disease for 25 cents a year. SevaChild is one of the fastest growing child aid organizations in India today, and Rick’s story borders on the miraculous.
“The slums are as bad as you can even imagine. Many of them are actually in sewage areas where they’re living in little tins shacks and cardboard houses with dirt floors. These children are subject to all kinds of diseases. In the rural areas, these are remote villages perched on mountaintops that are so hard to get to that most of the humanitarian organizations that we know of in India don’t even go there. It’s just too far and too hard to reach, so these are kids that are living with impoverished communities where there’s little to eat, and the food that they do get is very low in nutrition.” – Rick Carlton
- Get a FREE download of The DST Revolution e-book (Only available for a limited time!)
- Contact Don Meredith at (619)-726-6100
- The Five Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage
- Would you like to make a donation to SevaChild? Every dollar you contribute will help SevaChild volunteers reach more of the estimated 30,000,000 Indian children at risk. Click here to donate!
- Women’s Wisdom on Facebook
- Upcoming Event for Women’s Wisdom: The Network Luncheon With Lisa Nichols (as seen on Oprah!)
Visit TheCourageToChangeEverything.com to pre-order Ken’s new book, The Courage to Change Everything: Strategies and Wisdom to Transform Your Life One Day at a Time
Learn More About Host Ken D. Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!