Today we discuss accomplishing dreams one step at a time by finding our wings and flying straight towards success.
Our first guest, award-winning journalist Melinda Wittstock, shares how she overcame obstacles in her life and leads other women to entrepreneurial success by helping them achieve the right mindset to manifest the money and mojo they need to land their moonshot.
Our second guest, Denise Korenek, and her coach and three-time Olympian, John Howard, share the journey of getting Denise back on a bicycle after 23 years and helping her become the fastest woman alive by setting a national record.
- Living to your full potential and generating your dreams
- What stops people from stepping into their dreams besides fear
- The importance of clarity to move forward in life
- How people protect themselves through procrastination
- A 3-step process for dealing with change and achieving unlimited success
- The top ways that women tend to undervalue themselves
- Melinda’s mission with her Wings of Inspired Business Podcast
- The biggest challenges that female entrepreneurs face today
- Developing the confidence to value ourselves and create value for others
- Why “mindset, money, and mojo” are so vital for female entrepreneurs
- Denise’s story of setting goals that led her to break a national record
- How setting and accomplishing goals can affect you as a person
- The changes taking place in our culture and how women are leading in new ways
“In order to really create a business you have to get out of your own way, you have to ask other people for help, you have to hire other people, and you can’t be a perfectionist.” – Melinda Wittstock
Melinda Wittstock is a visionary entrepreneur, innovator, founder-CEO of four scalable media-tech businesses, and a passionate advocate for women in business and evolved social enterprise businesses.
She hosts a daily podcast on female entrepreneurship called WINGS of Inspired Business to help women get the right mindset to manifest the mojo and money they need to land their moonshot.
Melinda believes magic happens at the intersection of personal and business growth, and that women stepping into their authentic feminine power to innovate in business is the solution to the most intractable challenges in our world.
Her moonshot is to invest $10mm+ in 100+ female-founded and social impact companies in the next 10 years.
With 25+ years experience as an award-winning host, journalist, and entrepreneurial executive across the world’s top media brands (BBC, London Times, ABC, CNBC), and launching four of her own successful media, tech, mobile apps, and predictive data analytics businesses, Melinda brings deep cross-disciplinary expertise to grow every executive leader, innovator, brand or business she works with across mindset, marketing, business development, product, and technology.
She is the CEO and founder of Verifeed, the predictive social intelligence company, helping brands and businesses get a growing and measurable Return on Authenticity™ or ROA™.
Melinda is also a mom to two great kids and a golden retriever, and a lover of global adventure, travel, and social good missions. She lives an “all in” life of endless curiosity – from her inner exploration of mindfulness, meditation, and yoga to her exploration of the world on her exotic travels.
“Everybody can step into their own role and you never know where it’s going to lead – you just have to accept where it’s brought you and use that to its benefit and not hide that away.” – Denise Korenek
Denise Korenek is the first woman to set a Paced Bicycle Land Speed Record at 147mph.
She describes the moment when the concept of being the first woman to set a Land Speed Record on a bicycle was presented as an epiphany similar to the explosiveness of “a match being thrown on gasoline.”
There was no looking back.
Her coach, John Howard, a 3-time Olympian and member of the US Cycling Hall of Fame, approached Denise about the idea of breaking the record he set 30 years ago at 152.2 mph.
With a goal of reaching 153 mph on her bicycle, Denise was the FIRST WOMAN ever, in three separate centuries, to attempt this incredible feat.
Racing bicycles and cars, she is no stranger to speed and adrenaline. Combining her competitive drive with her natural athletic abilities, this land speed record was the perfect goal for Denise to strive to accomplish.
She has also finished on the podium in her other sports love – motor racing. Denise drives go-karts, rides off-road motorcycles, and has even had a run on the Bonneville Salt Flats in her modified Mini Cooper.
Her personal journey will provide an inspiration to other women (and men) to follow their dreams no matter what life path they have traveled.
“There is a fine line between living as if this is your last day on earth, and planning for your future. I choose to dance, sing and play on that fine line and live without regrets.” – Denise Korenek
John Howard is Founder of John Howard Performance Sports and is one of the most intriguing and daring endurance athletes of all time.
He is a member of the US Cycling Hall Of Fame and of the UltraCycling Hall of Fame.
John has authored five books, The Cyclist’s Companion, Multi-fitness, Pushing The Limits, Dirt!, and Mastering Cycling.
As a respected cycling journalist, he has written hundreds of articles on cycling over the past three decades.
In addition to his pioneering work in biomechanical cycling position analysis, John has established a reputation as one of the country’s best cycling coaches.
His clients have included Brad Huff, US PRO National Elite and Pro Criterium Champion, 2005-6, Denise Mueller (Korenek) – 14-time National champion, and triathletes Scott Tinley, Scott Molina, and Mark Allen to name a few.
“It’s like climbing a ladder. Your goals change as you progress up that ladder.” – John Howard
- Melinda’s WINGS of Inspired Business Podcast
- Learn more about the WINGS of Success Summit – Soar to Business Success: Get the Mindset, Mojo, and Money to Land Your Moonshot – April 9th-13th, 2018
- Facebook Page for The Project Speed
- LuciaFinancial.com – MJL Michael Lucia & Associates Wealth Management Company – Contact Cheri Blair at email@example.com
- Stay tuned for the release of Ken’s new book, The Courage to Change Everything: Strategies and Wisdom to Transform Your Life One Day at a Time
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Send an email: ContactUs@TransitionRadioShow.com
- Share this show on Facebook
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!