Today we discuss staying positive in challenging and uncertain times.
My first guest, Dr. John Chuback, is the founder of Chuback Education, LLC, which offers written/audio programs to help people achieve personal excellence, and is also the author of the self-help book, Make Your Own Damn Cheese. He joins me today to share how we can be more present, positive, and mindful in these uncertain times, cope with negative external influences, and choose faith over fear.
My second guest, Dr. Marilyn Singleton, is a board-certified anesthesiologist and past President of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. She joins me today to discuss what we can do to remain informed without unnecessary panic, keep ourselves protected, and move forward in a rational and empowered way from this challenging but temporary time.
- Learning how to cope with the grief that comes with uncertainty and change
- How to stay positive and think about the good news during these uncertain times
- Acknowledging how we are feeling in order to effectively cope with our emotions
- The importance of staying informed without being consumed by negative information
- Understanding the law of opposites and having faith when we’re feeling fearful
- What coronaviruses are and how the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) measures up
- How COVID-19 compares to other such viruses with regards to infections and deaths
- The lack of accuracy with COVID-19 tests and how RT-PCR tests are giving false results
- How horrific effects on the economy during this time may be worse than COVID-19 for many
“This is something unprecedented for us, but there have been many unprecedented events that we have coped with as a country and as a species before. We will cope with this period of time as well, and we will come through it together.” – Dr. John Chuback
About Dr. Chuback:
Dr. John Chuback, MD, is the founder of Chuback Education, LLC, which offers written/audio programs to help people achieve personal excellence.
His passion is to assist patients with weight management, smoking cessation, personal development, and academic achievement through figuring out how to set actionable, attainable goals.
Dr. Chuback is also the author of the self-help book, Make Your Own Damn Cheese.
Chuback Education was founded in 2014 by John A. Chuback, M.D. The motivation for starting the company was a sincere desire on the part of Dr. Chuback to share what he has learned in a lifelong pursuit of education and personal development.
The subject matter covered is varied and far-reaching, and the focus of Chuback Education’s approach is not so much on the didactic aspects of a given area of study. Their core mission is to share a philosophy of learning and encourage a lifetime of inner-growth and self-actualization.
This philosophy is centered on independent study, cultivating intellectual curiosity, and nurturing a desire to become an inquisitive, thoughtful learner. Although Chuback Education is heavily goal-oriented and anticipates charting objective progress for each student, it must be stated clearly that they are much more intent on teaching the value of the educational process itself.
Therefore, Chuback Education is most interested in providing our pupils with a roadmap, which will enhance the quality of their journey through life, rather than one that delineates a specific route to any particular destination. The path is unique for everyone.
About Dr. Singleton:
Dr. Marilyn Singleton is a board-certified anesthesiologist and past President of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
She graduated from Stanford and earned her MD at UCSF Medical School. Dr. Singleton completed 2 years of Surgery residency at University of California at San Francisco Medical Center, then her Anesthesia residency at Harvard’s Beth Israel Hospital.
She was on the faculty at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland before returning to California for private practice at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and Alta Bates Medical Center in Berkeley.
While still working in the operating room, Dr. Singleton attended UC Berkeley Law School focusing on administrative and constitutional law. She interned at the National Health Law Project, and practiced insurance and health law.
Along with delivering medical and educational supplies, Dr. Singleton started two make-shift medical clinics in two rural villages in El Salvador and a screening clinic at her church.
“It’s up to us to say, ‘No, this is not the new normal. This is not my normal, this is a temporary thing.’” – Dr. Marilyn Singleton
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Bill Gates on The Daily Social Distancing Show with Trevor Noah
- The Courage to Remediate Harmful Wifi Toxins with D’Anna Robinson on Voices of Courage
- Make Your Own Damn Cheese: Understanding, Navigating, and Mastering the 3 Mazes of Success by Dr. John Chuback
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information on UK Health Radio
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!