Today we discuss ways to overcome the stress and trauma of life’s storms. The recent hurricane devastation has sparked our conversation to touch on the storms in our personal lives as well as the effects of natural disaster.
Our guest, Mark Waldman, talks about the power that traumatic experiences have over our brains and several different strategies for diffusing negative memories.
- Natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes
- Overcoming the stress and trauma of life’s storms
- Tools to reduce anxiety and stress
- How we impact the environment with our thoughts
- Powerful negative experiences from traumatic memories and how they can become imprinted in our brains
- Your inner clock and how memories can be triggered
- Memory as a survival-oriented mechanism
- Strategies used to undo traumatic memories from the past
- 3 things you can do to diffuse negative memories
- The effects of the recent hurricanes in Florida
- The importance of communication and being prepared with a solid plan
- The emotional connection and bonding that happens after traumatic experiences
- Smart Money Segment with Steve Sexton from Sexton Advisory Group
Mark Robert Waldman is the neuroscience researcher and creator of NeuroWisdom 101. His national bestseller How God Changes Your Brain was chosen by Oprah as one of the “Must Read” books for 2012.
Mark is on the Executive MBA faculty at Loyola Marymount University. He is a leading expert on spirituality, communication, and the brain.
As an author of 14 books, Mark’s in-depth research has been published in neuroscience and psychology journals throughout the world. His work has been featured in Time Magazine, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and “O.”
He has appeared on hundreds of radio and television programs, including PBS and NPR; his TEDx Talk has been viewed by more than 100,000 people.
Mark travels throughout the world teaching mindfulness and NeuroLeadership strategies to colleges, corporations, and philanthropic organizations.
“Powerful negative experiences form traumatic memories that get so deeply imprinted in your brain that like clockwork get stimulated when anything similar to that memory gets stirred up in the present moment.” – Mark Waldman
- MarkRobertWaldman.com – Check out Mark’s free eBooks and programs, and also get information on his Neuro-Coaching services!
- Mark’s book: NeuroWisdom: The New Brain Science of Money, Happiness, and Success
- Visit: SextonAdvisoryGroup.com or call: 1-(800)-560-2611 for your financial services
- For the article, How Can This Hurricane Season Affect Your Retirement? contact: email@example.com
- If you would like to contribute towards Ed and his family, please visit: www.GoFundMe.com
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share this show on Facebook
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!