Today we discuss what it takes to translate your unique message into a book that impacts others.
“According to writer Joseph Epstein, 81% of Americans feel that they have a book in them and should write it. That’s approximately 200 million people who aspire to authorship.” So, why isn’t everybody writing books? What stops authors?
Think about what’s inside of you. Who are you? What’s that message that you might have for the world that would actually make a difference? I have a feeling that many of you have a book inside of you, but you’ve been on the fence about bringing it into fruition.
My first guest, Nancy Erickson, is known as The Book Professor because she helps people who aren’t writers become authors of high-impact nonfiction books. She joins me today to share how a person can know if they should write a book, how to prevent writer’s block, and the importance of constructing an organized BookMAP to efficiently write and publish a book.
My second guest, Dan Schuck, is a Business Consultant and Life Coach who helps focus on perspective, stress reduction, and life balance. He joins me today to share how a mental health-related tragedy in his family impacted him to use his drive and storytelling abilities to author a powerful book. Dan discusses the challenges he went through with writing a book and why as an author you must also be a book marketer with a plan.
- How a person can know if they have a book inside them waiting to be written and shared
- Learning how to find your voice and individual writing style as a brand new author
- The first step to developing a professional book and the process for writing a nonfiction book
- Preventing writer’s block by creating and following a comprehensive and organized BookMAP
- How long a book should be and the amount of time it should take for an individual to write it
- Developing strategies for balanced goals and life plans and using perspective in daily life
- Why what you pour into your “glass” matters and how you can choose to manage your glass
- The importance of having a plan in place for how to take your book out to market as an author
“I think the answers are trapped inside of people who consider themselves ordinary when they actually have an extraordinary point of view or story that can help offer people what they are looking for, which in many cases are two things, and that would be hope and help.” – Nancy Erickson
Nancy Erickson is known as The Book Professor because she helps people who aren’t writers become authors of high-impact nonfiction books that can change lives, save lives, or transform society.
She works with public speakers, coaches, physicians, attorneys, financial planners, small and large business owners, and everyday individuals to translate their unique message into a book that can change the world, one reader at a time.
All you need is an idea for your book to get started.
Using a step-by-step process that Nancy developed, you will construct a BookMAP that allows you to write and publish your book in an organized and efficient manner.
Your finished book can establish you as an expert in their field, increase your credibility, and attract a following, and because of the process Nancy developed, it can be re-purposed for workshops, speaking engagements, seminars, podcasts, blog posts, and online classes.
Nancy Erickson is the owner of three book-related businesses: The Book Professor, Stonebrook Publishing, and Bookarma.net.
Dan Schuck is a Business Consultant and Life Coach who helps focus on Perspective, Stress Reduction, and Life Balance.
With a 25-year career in the Financial Services and FinTech industry, Dan has been able to work with many of the country’s thought-leaders working to help people to develop strategies for balanced goals and life plans.
In 2018, as a result of mental health-related tragedy in his family, Dan used his drive and storytelling abilities to author a “children’s book for grown-ups,” to raise awareness and motivation for proactive mental health care in the county.
He is also the CEO of Glass Half Question which provides Educational and Entertainment services, namely, providing training and motivational speaking services in the field of self-esteem and life-balance.
Dan lives in Long Beach, California and is the father of 12-year old twin sons.
“It isn’t just about writing the book. It’s about living with that content and being part of the journey with the readers.” – Dan Schuck
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- A Glass Half Empty?… or Half Full?: A Children’s Book for Grown-Ups
- Become a member of Ken’s book development team for the launch of his 7th book and share in how it’s done!
- The Courage to Change Everything: Strategies and Wisdom to Transform Your Life One Day at a Time
- Ask and You Will Succeed: 1,001 Extraordinary Questions to Create Life-Changing Results
- Learn More About Host Ken D. Foster