Today we discuss how we can shift to having more happiness and success in all areas of our lives.
My first guest, Greg Milano, is the founder and chief executive officer of Fortuna Advisors LLC and a leading expert in capital allocation, behavioral finance, and incentive compensation design. He joins me today to discuss the strategic decisions managers need to prioritize to outperform the competition over time and principles that produce a long-term value that benefits an organization’s shareholders, its many stakeholders, and society.
My second guest, Michaela Renee Johnson, is an award-winning author, licensed psychotherapist, and host of the podcast, Be You Find Happy, which encourages people to speak their truth with grace and live a courageous life of authenticity. She joins me today to discuss how to achieve happiness in spite of life’s setbacks and provides tips and tricks for gaining the internal clarity you need to live your best life.
- How corporate executives can think more like owners of a business
- What most companies get wrong when allocating their investment resources
- Why dysfunctional competitive pay practices persist and alternatives for fixing this
- Ways to increase the financial awareness and acumen of non-financial managers
- Teaching financial managers how to translate finance into strategies and operating decisions
- How to find happiness and live a courageous life of authenticity in spite of fear
- Learning to reconnect with our authentic selves and let go of what’s not serving us
- Why human beings not connecting socially for extended periods of time is unsustainable
- How we can become more empowered by our choices and increase our confidence
- Why achieving happiness in life is a “constant reset” that is attainable for everyone
“The people that are trying to architect the future while they deal with the current problem are the ones that are going to be the most successful. The ones that are so caught up in firefighting that they can’t think beyond next week are going to have the biggest problem because their competitors are going to find a business model that works better in this new paradigm, and they’re still going to be dealing with the old paradigm.” – Greg Milano
Greg Milano is the founder and chief executive officer of Fortuna Advisors LLC and is a leading expert in the field of corporate shareholder value management, with an emphasis on ensuring adequate long-term investment by focusing on managerial behavior alignment.
His unique experience advising clients derives largely from decades of experience implementing the shareholder value industry’s two primary original ideologies: EVA and HOLT.
A leading expert in capital allocation, behavioral finance, and incentive compensation design, Greg has nearly 30 years’ experience in management consulting.
Before founding Fortuna Advisors, he was a partner at Stern Stewart and a managing director at Credit Suisse. He began his career as flight systems design engineer with the Grumman Corporation.
Greg is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, has published hundreds of industry articles, and has appeared as a corporate finance thought leader on dozens of national broadcast outlets including CFO, FEI Daily, Workspan, The Sunday Times, Sunday Business, Financial Director and the Financial Times, CNBC, Bloomberg, and Sky Business News.
Michaela Renee Johnson is an award-winning author, licensed psychotherapist, and host of the top iTunes podcast, Be You Find Happy which encourages people to speak their truth with grace and live a courageous life of authenticity.
Her initiative, Be You Find Happy, holds workshops and conversations on finding happiness in spite of life’s setbacks and has landed her speaking opportunities across the nation.
She is an avid adventurer, having traveled to over 20 countries, and self-proclaimed “Boho Mom” who loves all things metaphysical as well as poetic quotes.
She is a Sagittarius and an ocean-lover who lives in Northern California with her husband and young son, and a homestead full of animals. In her spare time, she’s often hiking, doing yoga, gardening, golfing, or reading.
Bachelor’s of Arts in Journalism Communications, Master’s of Arts in Psychology. California State Licensed Psychotherapist #90280.
“When we start to become in control of our lives and empowered by our choices, we become more confident and we start to realize that we have everything that we need within to do what we want to do, and we need less validation from others.” – Michaela Renee Johnson
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Fortuna Advisors LLC
- Curing Corporate Short-Termism: Future Growth vs. Current Earnings by Greg Milano
- Michaela Renee Johnson
- Pre-Order Empowered: A Motivational Journal for Women by Michaela Renee Johnson
- Be You Find Happy podcast with Michaela Renee Johnson
- Teetering On Disaster with Michaela Renee Johnson
- Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsch
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!