Today we discuss how to supercharge your mind and take your life to a completely new level.
The mind is the controlling faculty of the brain. It enables a person to be aware of their world, their experiences, how they think, and how they feel. We all have the power to change and reprogram our thinking. The question is, are you receptive to change?
My first guest, Mary Bass, is a mental health wellness expert that knows all about stress and how to manage it. She joins me today to discuss tackling pessimistic thinking, the correlation between physical health and mental wellness, and the benefits of a consistent daily routine.
My second guests, Dr. Robert Carter III and Dr. Kirti Salwe Carter, are co-authors of The Morning Mind: Use Your Brain to Master Your Day and Supercharge Your Life. They join me today to talk about mastering our day to supercharge our life, why not getting restful sleep can be associated with weight gain, and how properly managing stress preserves our health and productivity.
- Using our mind in a way that supports productivity, increases initiative, and inspires wisdom
- The three levels of the mind and how we can tap into our superconscious to change our lives
- Learning how to become receptive to change by refocusing, setting an intention, and taking action
- Rewiring our brains by changing our thoughts and opening up for something new to drop in
- Accepting our stress, setbacks, hardships, and difficult situations as an inevitable part of life
- How to get out of a victim mentality when acknowledging the things we can and can’t control
- Managing our inner pessimistic voice and negative inner dialogue that tends to hold us back
- Stress management and the correlation between our physical health and mental wellness
- Why incorporating consistency and a daily routine can be beneficial for decreasing stress
- The Morning Mind: Using our brain in a way that helps master our day and supercharge our life
- Learning to balance taking care of ourselves and maintaining health while taking care of others
- How our overall experience of stress tends to significantly limit us from having more productive lives
- Using meditation and different breathing techniques to help manage emotions and thoughts
- Why so many people struggle with poor sleeping patterns and how meditation can help
- How sleeping with a TV or light on at night can actually affect our metabolism and cause weight gain
- What we can do to start waking up with a clearer mind, less stress, and improved productivity
“Sometimes there are takeaways from negative experiences and they can change your point of view and put you in a different direction.” – Mary Bass
Mary Bass knows about stress and managing it.
For over two and a half years, Ms. Bass was illegally detained.
During her time as a Detainee, Ms. Bass channeled the stress of her surroundings into her writing and penned several controversial memoirs and numerous short stories.
Ms. Bass is an advocate for mental health and wellness.
About Dr. Rob & Kirti Carter:
Dr. Rob Carter III and Dr. Kirti Salwe Carter are co-authors of The Morning Mind: Use Your Brain to Master Your Day and Supercharge Your Life.
Rob Carter is a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army, an expert in human performance and physiology, and has academic appointments in emergency medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, in public health and health sciences at Los Angeles Pacific University, and in nutrition at the University of Maryland, University College.
He holds a Ph.D. in biomedical sciences and medical physiology and an MPH in chronic disease epidemiology.
Kirti Carter was born in Pune, India, and received her medical education in India, where she practiced as an intensive-care physician before moving to Texas to complete postgraduate training in public health.
She is a Fellow of the American Institute of Stress (FAIS), has more than 18 years of experience in meditation and breathing techniques, and has been facilitating wellness seminars for the past decade.
“Deep down we’re all wishing for more productive lives, and what limits that overall experience is the accumulation of stress.” – Dr. Robert Carter III
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- The Morning Mind: Use Your Brain to Master Your Day and Supercharge Your Life
- The Courage to Change Everything: Strategies and Wisdom to Transform Your Life One Day at a Time
- Learn More About Host Ken D. Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!