Today we discuss the courage to stay positive, focused, present, and healthy in uncertain times.
In these uncertain times that we currently find ourselves in with the pandemic and so many other big things going on in the world, we are all feeling some form of fear, anxiety, anger, frustration, grief, etc. For some of us, these emotions have gotten so strong that we feel as though they’ve taken over every aspect of our lives.
So, what can we do? How can we find the courage to stay positive, remind ourselves of the good things in life, and pull ourselves out of a rut when we are constantly being inundated with negative and repetitive information that doesn’t serve us and only exacerbates the problem?
First, we have to start by acknowledging that it is normal to feel these emotions during these times. Then, we can start to think about how we can cope with these feelings and gather control of our minds and our thinking. The most important thing to remember is that human beings are extremely resilient and that while things may feel extremely heavy right now, we will get through these dark times.
My guest, Dr. John Chuback, is the founder of Chuback Education, LLC, which offers written/audio programs to help people achieve personal excellence, and is also the author of the self-help book, Make Your Own Damn Cheese: Understanding, Navigating, and Mastering the 3 Mazes of Success. He joins me today to discuss how we can be more present, focused, and mindful in these uncertain times, unplug from negative information, plug into more positivity, and take control of our minds.
- Staying plugged into positive material and taking time to unplug from the negativity
- Gathering control of our minds and thinking and encouraging positive thoughts
- How regularly immersing ourselves in toxic information and people impacts our health
- Learning how to tap into and maximize the mind/body connection in a valuable way
- How we can gain control of a mind that seems to be completely out of control
- The law of opposites and how this ties into staying positive – Choosing faith over fear
“We have to stay plugged into positive material. There’s so much negativity out there, and it’s a poison. It’s a toxin. People don’t understand this, and they’ve become addicted to it. The modern culture that we live in is centered on all types of negative information, whether it’s mainstream media, social media, etc. You must unplug to some degree–the more the better, in my opinion–from that toxicity and plug into positivity.” – Dr. John Chuback
About Dr. Chuback:
Dr. John Chuback, MD, is the founder of Chuback Education, LLC, which offers written/audio programs to help people achieve personal excellence.
His passion is to assist patients with weight management, smoking cessation, personal development, and academic achievement through figuring out how to set actionable, attainable goals.
Dr. Chuback is also the author of the self-help book, Make Your Own Damn Cheese: Understanding, Navigating, and Mastering the 3 Mazes of Success.
He founded Chuback Education in 2014. The motivation for starting the company was a sincere desire on the part of Dr. Chuback to share what he has learned in a lifelong pursuit of education and personal development.
The subject matter covered is varied and far-reaching, and the focus of Chuback Education’s approach is not so much on the didactic aspects of a given area of study. Their core mission is to share a philosophy of learning and encourage a lifetime of inner growth and self-actualization.
This philosophy is centered on independent study, cultivating intellectual curiosity, and nurturing a desire to become an inquisitive, thoughtful learner. Although Chuback Education is heavily goal-oriented and anticipates charting objective progress for each student, it must be stated clearly that they are much more intent on teaching the value of the educational process itself.
Therefore, Chuback Education is most interested in providing our pupils with a roadmap, which will enhance the quality of their journey through life, rather than one that delineates a specific route to any particular destination. The path is unique for everyone.
“You are not your mind, you’re in possession of your mind. That’s the first thing that gives you control. If you expose your conscious mind to garbage inputs and negative, hostile, and upsetting inputs, the mind will respond to that input and foul nutrition the same way the body would–you’re going to get a diseased mind. The alternative to that is good thoughts, good reading, good conversation, good external stimuli. That is the key to a healthy mind. ” – Dr. John Chuback
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Make Your Own Damn Cheese: Understanding, Navigating, and Mastering the 3 Mazes of Success by Dr. John Chuback
- Follow Chuback Education on Facebook
- Follow Chuback Education on Twitter
- The Courage to Change Everything: Daily Strategies and Essential Wisdom to Awaken Your Inner Genius by Ken D. Foster
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- VillaKaliMa.com – Contact Villa Kali Ma at (619)-246-8862
- Villa Kali Ma on Facebook
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow Ken D. Foster on LinkedIn
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!