Today we discuss reinventing our lives and creating happiness from within.
We use courage every day to move through life, but most of us are unaware of the important role it plays in helping us move the unknown. Whether it be a new business, relationship, or lifestyle choice, courage is at play. So, how can we consciously tap into our courage and use it to reinvent ourselves and create more happiness in our lives?
My first guest, Dr. Capri Cruz, is an international psychotherapist, hypnotherapist, and life coach who helps thousands of people heal and transform their minds, hearts, and lives. She joins me today to share how she was able to overcome abuse, deeply rooted trauma, and unresolved pain so that she could shift from living in “survival mode” to living in conscious creation.
Dr. Cruz provides insight into how we can awaken ourselves, choose our thoughts, and reprogram our brains in order to change our life situations.
My second guest, Suzan Nguyen, is a transformative speaker and life coach who helps those who have experienced trauma and loss navigate life’s ups and downs and ultimately know and live their purpose. She joins me today to share how she was able to overcome bitterness and adversity after a traumatic accident, and eventually emerge with renewed determination to live her best life.
Suzan provides insight about creating happiness from within, confronting our pain in order to heal, and how we can focus on being better instead of being bitter in life.
- The three most important steps to take when setting a goal and how they all relate to courage
- How to reprogram our brains in order to awaken to the changes we need to make in our lives
- Why hypnosis can be very effective in bringing consciousness to our unconscious thoughts
- Finding our spiritual identity and purpose to help us understand who we truly are at our core
- How we can maximize our superpowers, bring out our inner genius, and reach our full potential
- Why resilience, perseverance, and vulnerability help us to live our lives better instead of bitter
- The importance of recognizing, confronting, and embracing our pain in order to properly heal
- What we need to do in order to shift our energy, move forward in life, and create joy from within
“We live in the flesh, but our pain is on a spiritual level. It’s not just the physical level, so you have to find your spiritual identity and your spiritual purpose. Understand who you are beyond what you see in the mirror.” – Dr. Capri Cruz
About Dr. Cruz:
Dr. Capri Cruz is an international psychotherapist, hypnotherapist, and life coach who helps thousands of people heal and transform their minds, hearts, and lives, but for the first 37 years of her life she was nothing of the sort.
Dr. Cruz says she was a walking zombie, oblivious that she did not know how to “think” because she was the product of abuse, trauma, and deeply-rooted unresolved pain.
Her journey started as an innocent child born in the projects of the Lower East Side of Manhattan where her life was entrenched in grave poverty.
She went on to live in 9 different foster homes, endured paralyzing abuse, and went on to replicate the dysfunction she grew up in until that one fateful day when she shifted from living in “survival mode” to living in conscious creation!
Today she is the author of From Foster Care to FABULOUS: An Imperative Movement and Maximize Your Super Powers Vol. 1, and speaks all over the country teaching the techniques she used to transform her life.
Suzan Nguyen couldn’t move her body. Couldn’t open her mouth. Couldn’t even blink her eyes to signal to those standing over her. She could hear the sirens. See the flashing lights. But she felt nothing.
In the end, she would awaken from her nightmare without her right arm, which had been severed above the elbow in a car accident.
The trauma of the event proved life-altering for Nguyen, who was 22 at the time.
She went on to make a series of bad decisions that affected herself, her family and her friends in ways she regretted for years to come.
In time, Nguyen realized that one day she would have to create her own change or her life would not get better.
“When one day became my day one, I took responsibility for my life and decided to be better, not bitter,” Nguyen relates. “I realized that focusing on losing my arm was keeping me from focusing on the good things in my life. I took action using a five-step process, which I now use to help others discover how to be better versions of themselves.”
One Arm But Not Unarmed is Nguyen’s empowering look at how she overcame bitterness and adversity, and eventually emerged with renewed determination to live her best life. This insightful book aims to help other trauma victims.
Author Suzan Nguyen was born and raised in Port Arthur, Texas. She now lives in the Houston area and enjoys life with her husband, Phu, who is a talented chef.
Nguyen is a transformative speaker and life coach who began the #bebetter movement in 2017.
She completed classes at the Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching, is a certified Happiness Chief Encouragement Officer, and is deeply fulfilled by helping others through telling her story, transforming perspectives, and shedding light on the journey all trauma victims experience.
“Regardless of what life throws at us, it’s up to us if we want to come out of it better or come out of it bitter.” – Suzan Nguyen
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- From Foster Care to Fabulous: An Imperative Movement
- Follow Dr. Capri Cruz on Facebook
- One Arm But Not Unarmed
- Follow Suzan Nguyen on Facebook
- Follow Suzan Nguyen on Instagram
- Follow A Million Acts of Courage Facebook page
- Join A Million Acts of Courage Facebook group
- The Courage to Change Everything: Strategies and Wisdom to Transform Your Life One Day at a Time
- Ask and You Will Succeed: 1,001 Extraordinary Questions to Create Life-Changing Results
- Learn More About Host Ken D. Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!