Today we discuss having the courage to find our voice and seek the truth at all costs while staying calm in the midst of chaos.
My first guest, Harry Glorikian, is an influential global business expert with more than three decades of experience building successful ventures in North America, Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world, and is well known for his achievements in the life sciences, healthcare, diagnostics, healthcare IT industries and the convergence of these areas. He joins me today to discuss the biggest impact technology has had in the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, and why data and the analytics behind it, including AI and machine learning, are not only revolutionizing healthcare in general, but are the key to working through global health challenges like pandemics.
My second guest, Julie Potiker, is a mindfulness expert, author, and attorney who began her serious study and investigation of mindfulness after graduating from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program at the University of California, and shares mindfulness techniques with the world through her book and her Mindful Methods for Life trainings. She joins me today to discuss how mindfulness rewires our brains for happiness, some fast and effective ways that anyone can fit more mindfulness into their everyday lives, and how we can feel safe and comforted, even in the midst of chaos.
- The Coronavirus pandemic and the biggest impact technology has had in the crisis
- How scientists are using Big Data as a tool to help solve the pandemic
- Some of the Big-Data type challenges and their consequences for the pandemic
- The biggest impact of Big-Data/AI in healthcare and the challenges the industry faces
- How mindfulness significantly affects the brain and can rewire it for happiness
- Ways that anyone can fit more mindfulness into their lives, even when too busy
- Getting in touch with mindful self-compassion and expressing compassion for others
“Data is going to change the way that we practice medicine, develop drugs, and the way that patients are going to manage themselves. Data is going to help us keep patients healthy.” – Harry Glorikian
Harry Glorikian is an influential global business expert with more than three decades of experience building successful ventures in North America, Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world.
Harry is well known for his achievements in the life sciences, healthcare, diagnostics, healthcare IT industries, and the convergence of these areas.
He is a sought-after speaker, frequently quoted in the media, and regularly asked to assess, influence, and be part of innovative concepts and trends. He holds four US patents in telecommunications with others pending.
Harry currently serves as a General Partner at New Ventures Funds. Before joining New Ventures Funds, he served as an Entrepreneur-In-Residence to GE Ventures – New Business Creation Group, leading to the founding of Evidation Health and DrawBridge Health.
He currently serves on the public boards of GeneNews Ltd. (GEN.TO) and Biocartis (BCART.BR) and Transparency Life Sciences (Private). He is also a co-founder and an advisory board member to DrawBridge Health.
Previously, Harry co-founded and held the position of Managing Director and head of consulting services for Scientia Advisors, a company that became the go-to provider of strategic advice and implementation services for next-generation healthcare and life science innovators and Global 25 market leaders before its acquisition by Precision for Medicine in November of 2012.
Among his other professional roles, Mr. Glorikian served as senior manager for global business development at PE Applied Biosystems, founded X-Cell Laboratories, managed global sales at Signet Laboratories, and held various roles at BioGenex Laboratories.
Mr. Glorikian holds an MBA from Boston University and a bachelor’s degree in Biology from San Francisco State University.
Author and mindfulness expert Julie Potiker is an attorney who began her serious study and investigation of mindfulness after graduating from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program at the University of California, San Diego.
She was trained by Kristin Neff, Christopher Germer, and UCSD as a Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher.
Julie went on to study with Rick Hanson, becoming a graduate of his Positive Neuroplasticity Training Professional Course.
Potiker also completed Brené Brown’s Living Brave Semester. Now, she shares these and other mindfulness techniques with the world through her Mindful Methods for Life trainings and her new book: “Life Falls Apart, but You Don’t Have To: Mindful Methods for Staying Calm In the Midst of Chaos.”
Julie holds a B.G.S. from the University of Michigan and a J.D. from George Washington University. For more information, visit www.MindfulMethodsForLife.com.
“Mindfulness helps us pause and it helps us get grounded in the right here and right now. Mindfulness can help people stop worrying and stop ruminating when they’re feeling overwhelmed and panicked.” – Julie Potiker
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- MoneyBall Medicine: Thriving in the New Data-Driven Healthcare Market by Harry Glorikian
- The MoneyBall Medicine Podcast™ with Harry Glorikian
- Life Falls Apart, But You Don’t Have To: Mindful Methods for Staying Calm in the Midst of Chaos by Julie Potiker
- The Science of Meditation – A sampler guide by Ken D. Foster
- Why Buddha Never Had Alzheimer’s: A Holistic Treatment Approach through Meditation, Yoga, and the Arts by Shuvendu Sen
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!