Today, in part one of a two-part series with Kerri Hummingbird, we discuss letting go of stress, worry, and fear, and breaking through to new levels of awareness and joy in our lives.
The antidote to stress and worry may not be exactly what you think it is. Have you ever thought about where your fears come from? Do they just pop up out of nowhere and take your mind hostage, leaving you feeling like you have no control?
If you are feeling fearful that you’re going to lose something–whether it be your job, your relationship, an exciting opportunity that you were looking forward to–where do you feel that fear? It’s likely that you feel these powerful emotions in your heart and deep in your gut.
So, then what is the antidote for releasing those intense, gut-wrenching fears? Well, I think it happens to be courage. If fear and courage both come from the heart, it seems as though the best thing we can do to counteract negative thoughts and feelings is to tap into our courage in greater ways.
We all have the ability to find our courage, but for so many of us, it’s currently undeveloped and needs to be dusted off and brought to the surface. And while some level of fear is normal and inevitable, we can’t live a courageous life or even begin to tap into our greatest potential if we are constantly being held back and completely paralyzed by it.
Are you letting fear dictate your decisions and stop you from achieving what you want and deserve in life? If so, know that courage is a quality that can be exercised and developed, just like a muscle needs consistent training to be kept strong. As author Robert Biswas-Diener says, “Courage is a habit, it is a practice, and it is a skill that can be learned.”
My guest, Kerri Hummingbird, is a Soul Guide, shamanic healer, inspirational speaker, #1 international best-selling author, and the host of Soul Nectar Show who inspires people to lead their lives wide awake with an authenticity, passion, and purpose that positively impacts others. She joins me today to discuss how we can awaken to ourselves, overcome the challenges and fears in our lives, and cultivate courage, healing, and inner peace.
- Finding the antidote for stress, worry, and fear in order to live a courageous life
- Why our desire for too much control over everything in our lives can be damaging
- How we can learn to face our stress and get into stillness and oneness in order to heal
- Understanding what’s happening outside of us is because of what’s happening inside of us
- Reclaiming our power, healing the mother wound, and mending the sacred hoop of humanity
“That deep well of joy and love is what we’re here to experience. But, we can’t experience that if we don’t open ourselves up to it and say yes to the inquiry. Death to the old is the invitation. There’s a moment of death in every day. It’s not like it just happens at the end of our life, it happens moment by moment.” – Kerri Hummingbird
Kerri Hummingbird is a Soul Guide, shamanic healer, inspirational speaker, host of Soul Nectar Show, and the #1 international best-selling author of “The Second Wave: Transcending the Human Drama” and the award-winning best-selling book “Awakening To Me: One Woman’s Journey To Self Love” which describes the early years of her spiritual awakening.
Ms. Hummingbird inspires people to lead their lives wide awake with an authenticity, passion, and purpose that positively impacts others. She catalyzes mind-shifts that transform life challenges into gifts of wisdom.
Kerri has over 20 years of experience in leading by inspiration, and a special passion for empowering women to be the artists of their lives. She mentors women to rewrite the story of their lives through inner transformation, connection to essence, remembrance of purpose, and realignment to authenticity and truth.
Kerri is certified in energy medicine by the Four Winds Light Body School, certified as a spiritual coach by the Artist of the Spirit Coach Training Program and HeatherAsh Amara, certified in empowerment and firewalk training by Sundoor, and certified as a Warrior Goddess Facilitator. She is the past President of the Austin Chapter of the International Association of Women (IAW).
Prior to her career as a Soul Guide, Ms. Hummingbird had a 20-year career as a technical and marketing communications consultant in both Silicon Valley and Austin high-tech communities. She has served in leadership since she began working, most notably serving on the Board of the Silicon Valley chapter of the Society for Technical Communication. Kerri also inspired and led over 150 artists to open their studios to the public as the Executive Director of the non-profit Silicon Valley Open Studios in the Bay Area, California for several years in the early 2000s.
Her newest book, which is already a #1 international best-seller, is called “Love Is Fierce: Healing the Mother Wound” and describes the most direct path to spiritual enlightenment.
“It’s so important now for us to get still and face the fear on the inside–the fear of death, the fear of losing our comforts, the fear of things changing, the fear that is, “I’m not going to be OK at the other side of this.” Those are all just very deep, primal fears. I don’t want to dismiss them, because they’re very real fears, and we’re here to transform those. If we’re on the planet at this time, this is the work. If you showed up here on the planet at this time, you’re part of it. There’s no mistake. You didn’t just end up here by accident, you intended to be here during this time because of the tremendous potential it has for our soul’s growth. Because we’re actually releasing an entire paradigm.” – Kerri Hummingbird
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- MotherWoundBook.com – Claim your copy of “Love Is Fierce” and receive 17 days of inspiration to your email inbox with “The Return of Mother Wisdom” Summit
- The Second Wave: Transcending the Human Drama by Kerri Hummingbird
- Awakening To Me: One Woman’s Journey To Self Love by Kerri Hummingbird
- Love Is Fierce: Healing the Mother Wound by Kerri Hummingbird
- Soul Nectar Show with Kerri Hummingbird on Apple Podcasts
- Follow Kerri Hummingbird on Facebook
- Follow Kerri Hummingbird on Twitter
- Follow Kerri Hummingbird on Instagram
- Follow Kerri Hummingbird on LinkedIn
- Follow Kerri Hummingbird on YouTube
- The Gene Keys: Embracing Your Higher Purpose by Richard Rudd
- The Courage to Change Everything: Daily Strategies and Essential Wisdom to Awaken Your Inner Genius by Ken D. Foster
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- VillaKaliMa.com – Contact Villa Kali Ma at (619)-246-8862
- Villa Kali Ma on Facebook
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow Ken D. Foster on LinkedIn
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!