Today we discuss overcoming our limitations and fighting for what’s truly right within ourselves.
Your life is yours to live and your freedom of choice is the most basic right that you have. When you’re not choosing courage, your passion, or your purpose, it’s as if you’re willingly walking away from the life that you should be living and the dreams that you should be achieving.
Never give up your right to find out who you are and where you may have limited yourself. You’re an immortal being with the power to overcome any obstacle that stands in the way of your success. It is your right to be, do, and have what you want to get out of life, but first, you will have to fight to overcome your programmed beliefs and habits that have kept you stuck and living small.
My first guest, Tom Ross, is the founder and CEO of Design Cuts and a long time creative that has been building online businesses since he was 12 years old. He joins me today to talk about the ‘burn out culture’ in modern living and how we can avoid it. He shares his personal journey of coming out on the other side after building a 7 figure business took a serious toll on his mental and physical health.
My second guest, Crystal Andrus Morissette, is an international best-selling author, Emotional Age and communication expert, and women’s advocate who is helping women all over the world take charge of their stories and redefine themselves as whole, healthy, and empowered. She joins me today to discuss discovering our emotional age, how it impacts our lives, and understanding the difference between our wounded and real selves.
- What stops people from achieving what’s on their bucket list and living the life they want
- The workaholic ‘hustle culture’ that’s become increasingly prevalent all over the world
- How to avoid this ‘burn out culture’ in modern living and live a more joyful and balanced life
- Scaling a business and having the mental fortitude to overcome the struggles and obstacles
- What our inner Emotional Age is, why it significantly impacts our life, and how to change it
- Why triggers actually provide us with an opportunity to heal our own unfinished business
- Acknowledging and understanding the difference between our wounded selves and real selves
- Healing our wounded selves into the wholeness of the person we are actually meant to be
- How to heal, learn to effectively communicate, and become our most empowered selves
- Why healing emotional age can shift unhappy relationships into loving and empowered ones
“Your health is everything because if your physical or mental health is suffering, you really become incapacitated. If you don’t look after that as number one, nothing else can function.” – Tom Ross
Tom Ross is the founder and CEO of Design Cuts and a long time creative that lives and breathes his company.
He has been building online businesses since he was 12 years old.
He spent 18 months working 100+ hours per week building the biggest business of his life, but this success came at a serious cost.
18 months of 18 hour days enabled Tom to build a 7 figure business, but his mental and physical health were utterly destroyed.
After major stomach surgery and suffering from chronic health issues for two years, Tom was on the long and slow road to recovery and progress.
Now, at 30 years old Tom is excited to give back to the online community in the most transparent, candid way.
He is totally open about his struggles, successes, and failures, and his ultimate goal is to make Design Cuts the go-to destination for every designer online!
International best-selling author, Emotional Age and communication expert, and women’s advocate Crystal Andrus Morissette is a worldwide leader in the field of self-discovery and personal transformation.
She is the founder of the S.W.A.T. Institute (Simply Woman Accredited Trainer), an empowerment coach certification exclusively for women that she created with fellow female visionaries Louise Hay, Marianne Williamson, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Colette Baron-Reid, and Sandra Anne Taylor among others.
Crystal is the author of several best-selling books, including “The Emotional Edge: Discover Your Inner Age, Ignite Your Hidden Strengths and Reroute Misdirected Fear to Live Your Fullest.” She is also certified in nutrition and sports medicine.
Crystal overcame seemingly insurmountable odds — her parents’ turbulent divorce, rape, abuse, homelessness, cervical cancer, a traumatic head injury, and more — to create a life of joy and purpose. Now, she is helping women all over the world to do the same.
Crystal has appeared on Oprah.com, the New York Post, Fox TV, the Daily Mail, CBS Radio, CTV, CityTV, Global TV, Slice TV, the Globe and Mail, and the Toronto Star. She lives in southern Ontario with her husband and two daughters. Learn more at www.CrystalAndrusMorissette.com and www.SWATInstitute.com.
“If you want to be empowered in this day and age – in this moment – you have to look back at those trajectory changing traumas and tragedies. They can either change you and make you bitter, or you can decide what can I do with this to make me better?” – Crystal Andrus Morissette
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- The Honest Entrepreneur Show
- Tom Ross Media on Instagram
- The S.W.A.T. Institute
- The Emotional Edge: Discover Your Inner Age, Ignite Your Hidden Strengths, Reroute Misdirected Fear to Live Your Fullest
- Take the Emotional Age Quiz (featured on Oprah.com!)
- Women’s Wisdom – The Network Luncheon with Crystal Andrus Morissette
- Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- The Courage to Change Everything: Strategies and Wisdom to Transform Your Life One Day at a Time
- Ask and You Will Succeed: 1,001 Extraordinary Questions to Create Life-Changing Results
- Family Carpet & Draperies – Call (619)-697-5969 to schedule a free in-home consultation — Be sure to mention “Voices of Courage” to receive 10% off of your purchase!
- Learn More About Host Ken D. Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!