Today we discuss the courage to expand your limits, address addictions, and find the road to recovery.
My first guest, Cybil Lake, is an actor and filmmaker who has significant experience in the TV and film world. She joins me today to share her journey from isolation and rock bottom to healing and sobriety. She also discusses her new feature-length horror/thriller film, Central Park Dark, which is a ‘Fatal Attraction meets Blair Witch Project set in Central Park” that illustrates how individuals can be completely isolated in a city of nine million people.
My second guest, Dr. Robb Kelly, is a renowned addiction consultant who has worked for many years helping addicts and alcoholics to recover their lives from the disease of addiction and believes in treating the problem of addiction, not just the symptoms. As a recovered alcoholic himself and CEO of the Robb Kelly Recovery Group, he joins me today to discuss the path to long-term sobriety, the family dynamics of addiction, and the spiritual journey in addiction recovery.
- The path to waking up, stepping into our courage, and stepping out of our delusions
- Recognizing the signs of alcoholism and addiction and the science behind this disease
- Navigating recovery treatment options and finding the path to long-term sobriety
- The family dynamics of addiction: Why it’s a family disease vs. a personal experience
- Brain mapping and addiction: Why it’s a ‘thinking’ problem and not a drinking problem
- Neuroplasticity and its role in changing neural pathways to break self-sabotaging habits
- How family members of an addict tend to enable them and become a roadblock to recovery
- The subconscious mind and the connection between childhood trauma and adult addiction
- Changing behaviors through Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Somatic Experience Techniques
Cybil Lake is an actor and filmmaker who has significant experience in the TV and film world.
Her TV credits include The Black List with James Spader on NBC, The Following with Kevin Bacon on Fox, and Show Me a Hero, directed by Academy Award Winner Paul Haggis for HBO.
She has written, directed, and acted in numerous shorts, including An Echo Remains, which she screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
Jane the Stalker was her first feature film that she starred in and directed. This premiered in New York City at the Anthology Film Archives Theater.
Cybil has written eight feature screenplays. She was selected by NBC for a new filmmaker’s program, The Screening Room in 2010. Cybil is a graduate of NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts where she majored in film and acting.
About Dr. Kelly:
Robb Kelly, Ph.D. is a renowned addiction consultant who believes in treating the problem of addiction, not the symptoms. He has worked for many years helping addicts and alcoholics to recover their lives from the disease of addiction.
Based on his own experiences working with addicts and alcoholics over the last 20 years, a Ph.D. in Psychology from Oxford University, and as a recovered alcoholic himself – he is a triple threat against the disease of addiction.
Dr. Kelly has lectured on the subject of addiction at many high-profile universities, national conferences, public schools, churches, business organizations, and hospitals, and is recognized as a leading authority on addiction recovery methods that are changing lives all around the world.
He is currently the CEO of the Robb Kelly Recovery Group, an addiction recovery coaching company he created based on extensive research and behavior studies that he conducted over the last 20 years.
Dr. Kelly’s methods may seem unconventional leading some people to refer to him as “The Gordon Ramsay of the Addiction World” because of his direct, no-nonsense, and candid approach to treating addiction. He works to “make the road of recovery less of a mystery tour.”
A sought-after recovery expert, Dr. Kelly has appeared on such shows as The Doctors, Eye Opener, Good Morning Texas, and Kens5 morning news. A sample of radio and print interviews include The Jim Bohannon show, Miracles in Recovery, and USA Today.
He hosted the Sober Celebs show on KLIF radio in Dallas, currently hosts the Recovery Channel podcast featuring special guests discussing a variety of mental health issues, and is an instructor/speaker for the Let’s Get Back to 98% Recovery DVD’s used in prisons and recovery treatment centers throughout the US.
Dr. Kelly shares his personal highs and lows as he struggled and overcame crippling alcoholism in the November 2019 release of the book “Daddy, Daddy Please Stop Drinking.”
Check out the video below to our interview with Dr. Robb Kelly:
- Watch Central Park Dark on Amazon
- Watch Central Park Dark on iTunes
- Follow Cybil Lake on Facebook
- Follow Cybil Lake on Instagram
- Follow Cybil Lake on Twitter
- Follow Central Park Dark on Facebook
- RobbKelly.com – Robb Kelly Recovery Group
- Follow Dr. Robb Kelly on Facebook
- Follow Dr. Robb Kelly on Twitter
- The Courage to Change Everything: Daily Strategies and Essential Wisdom to Awaken Your Inner Genius by Ken D. Foster
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- VillaKaliMa.com – Contact Villa Kali Ma at (619)-246-8862
- Villa Kali Ma on Facebook
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow Ken D. Foster on LinkedIn
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!