What does it take to be an entrepreneur?
My father was on the LAPD Police Force for 48 years and served concurrently in the Armed Forces for 42 years. But, in his heart, he always wanted to be an entrepreneur. He even started his own detective agency, but it was a part-time thing and really never took off.
From him my brothers and I became entrepreneurs. How did we do that…?
We started with swap meets. My father taught me at a young age that you could sell anything if you had enough value for the customer. He once took an old, used toilet that was broken and told me he would sell it for a profit. I said, “No way. No one is going to buy a used toilet that is cracked and broken!”
Then, he pulled a bottle of whiskey from his car and said to me, “They will buy it if they see value in it for them.” And sure enough, later in the day, someone came along and bought that toilet and the prized whiskey inside.
Entrepreneurship is all about creativity, opening your mind to seeing things in a new way, and providing value to your customers. Well, it entails a few more things too, such as:
- Mindset / Attitude
- Acceptance of change / Ability to adapt quickly
- Walking into the unknown
- Asking for help
- Being humble
- Finding out what your customers want and giving it to them
- Competition… Be ready for it!
- Location, Location, Location
- Accounting / Awareness of what you are spending
- Investing in yourself and your business
Join business start-up experts Ken D. Foster, and entrepreneurial guests Dr. Jenelle Kim, Michelle Aristondo-Chereque, and Voices of America Talk Show Host Tony D’Urso as we discuss what takes to start and run a successful business.
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- VillaKaliMa.com – Contact Villa Kali Ma at (619)-246-8862
- Villa Kali Ma on Facebook
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow Ken D. Foster on LinkedIn
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!