Today we discuss calming the mind, reawakening our spiritual powers, and cultivating a personal relationship with the Divine.
Today’s guest, Brother Tyagananda, has been a monk of the Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF) monastic community since 1987 and has served for several years as co-supervisor of SRF’s Center Department, which oversees the operations of the SRF meditation centers and groups around the world. He joins me today to share how the current crisis of the pandemic has provided us all with an opportunity for inner growth and how we can use this time to rediscover our connection with the Higher Reality, reawaken our spiritual faculties, and experience inner peace, guidance, and comfort through the practice of calming and quieting our busy minds.
- Finding peace amid the chaos in the world, especially in current times of the pandemic
- Why we as a society have a need for soul-healing and awakening our spiritual power
- Observations and reflections on how the current pandemic has impacted various people
- How the crisis of the pandemic can serve as an opportunity for inner growth for everyone
- Practicing “digital detox” to soothe mental hyperactivity, restlessness, and anxiety
- Learning how to effectively calm and quiet the “busy mind” through meditation and discipline
- Calming the mind and reawakening our spiritual powers by “living more in the heart”
- Entering the quiet heart through prayer and various methods such as yoga meditation
- Cultivating heart qualities such as kindness, tolerance, humility, compassion, and acceptance
- Awakening our spiritual faculties by gradually shifting from ego-mode to soul-consciousness
- Cultivating a personal and loving relationship with the Divine and sharing that love with others
- Getting in touch with the “heroic and courageous” essence of our souls through the power of love
“Even though we are going through a crisis outwardly, this crisis has provided an opportunity for inner growth. Crises teach us to slow down, to take a good look at our lives, and to implement some new changes.” – Brother Tyagananda
About Brother Tyagananda:
Brother Tyagananda, whose name means “bliss through inner renunciation,” has been a monk of the Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF) monastic community since 1987.
Born in Italy, Brother Tyagananda began practicing yoga in his early teens and became a student of the SRF Lessons by the time he was seventeen.
Brother Tyagananda has served for several years as co-supervisor of SRF’s Center Department, which oversees the operations of the SRF meditation centers and groups around the world, and is currently residing at the Hidden Valley Ashram where he is involved in the conducted programs for guests and residents.
He also serves as one of the ministers at the SRF Temple in San Diego, California, and has lectured on the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda in major cities in North America and Europe.
“As we refine our consciousness, learn to calm the mind and quiet our consciousness and go within deep in our hearts, then we begin to feel, to experience, and to perceive our true inner reality. The practices of yoga meditation primarily help us to remember, to realize, who we are.” – Brother Tyagananda
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- The Self-Realization Fellowship founded by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Hidden Valley Ashram in Escondido, California
- Inner Peace: How to Be Calmly Active and Actively Calm by Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- A Beginner’s Meditation from the Self-Realization Fellowship
- Guided Meditations from the Self-Realization Fellowship
- Enter the Quiet Heart: Creating a Loving Relationship with God by Sri Daya Mata
- Follow the Self-Realization Fellowship on Facebook
- Follow the Self-Realization Fellowship on Instagram
- Follow the Self-Realization Fellowship on YouTube
- Follow the Self-Realization Fellowship on Twitter
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!