Today we discuss mindfulness, mysticism, and how to live a happy, more purposeful life.
What’s your purpose for your life? Are you here to simply go through the challenges of growing up, going to school, getting married, having children, earning money, and then, after many years of trying to find happiness through altering states of pain and pleasure, be buried and gone?
Sounds dismal, doesn’t it? Well, this show is all about helping you to attain your highest level of passion, purpose, and achievement in this lifetime. Is there something more for you out there? I’m hoping you’re saying yes!
My first guest, Julie Potiker, is a mindfulness expert, author, and attorney who shares mindfulness techniques with the world through her Mindful Methods for Life trainings. She joins me today to discuss mindful methods for staying calm in the midst of chaos and how mindfulness rewires our brains for happiness.
My second guest, Rabbi Daniel Bortz, is an author, speaker, and millennial rabbi who embarked on a 6-year journey into Jewish thought, studying Biblical, Talmudic and Jewish mystical teachings in schools around the world. He joins us today to talk about Jewish mysticism, connecting to our divine source, and how to live a purposeful life.
- Attaining the highest level of passion, purpose, and achievement in our lifetimes
- Tuning into something greater than ourselves and stepping into our own power
- Using meditation to slow down and have awareness in order to alleviate suffering
- What life looks like when we live it mindlessly versus from a place of mindfulness
- How mindfulness affects our brains and is able to rewire them for happiness
- Having compassion for ourselves, the world, and letting our hearts radiate outward
- Some mindful methods for staying calm in the midst of chaos in our world today
- How we can apply the mystical teachings in the Kabbalah and the Torah in our lives
- Recognizing the beauty, divinity, lessons, and purpose in the world around us
- Learning to trust that there’s good reasoning for the things that happen in our lives
- Looking beyond the superficial to connect with ourselves and why we’re here
- How we can start to live more purposeful lives and make a difference in the world
- Taking the essence of what Judaism teaches and bringing it into our everyday lives
“If you just go through your life mindlessly instead of mindfully, and you’re not attending to all the moments of joy that are actually there, you’re missing opportunities to rewire your brain for happiness and resilience. It’s so easy, but you’re going to miss it if you’re not paying attention.” – Julie Potiker
Mindfulness expert and author, Julie Potiker, is an attorney who began her serious study and investigation of mindfulness after graduating from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program at the University of California, San Diego.
She went on to become trained to teach Mindful Self-Compassion and completed the Positive Neuroplasticity Training Professional Course.
Now, Julie shares these and other mindfulness techniques with the world through her Mindful Methods for Life trainings, and her new book, Life Falls Apart, But You Don’t Have To: Mindful Methods for Staying Calm In the Midst of Chaos.
For more information, visit www.MindfulMethodsForLife.com.
Rabbi Daniel Bortz grew up in San Diego, California, via Cape Town, South Africa.
After a turbulent time of searching in high school, he started exploring Judaism and focusing on his inner spiritual development.
After a year at UC Santa Barbara, Rabbi Daniel left to Jerusalem to delve into understanding the meaning of life on a deeper level, embarking on a six-year journey into Jewish thought, studying Biblical, Talmudic and Jewish mystical teachings in schools around the world.
Upon returning to California as an ordained Rabbi, he founded Jteen of San Diego, an organization dedicated to educating and empowering teenagers. He then founded Soul X – an organization focused on creating spiritual experiential events for adults.
Rabbi Bortz is a sports enthusiast who competes in Brazilian Jiu [Jew] Jitsu tournaments, has served the needs of thousands of visitors at the Coachella Music Festival, and is always looking to fuse ancient Jewish wisdom with 21st century life and pop culture, approaching every moment as an opportunity to elevate himself and his surroundings for a greater purpose.
“Nothing’s happening haphazardly. It’s not a chaotic world – there’s order to it. And if we learn from it, that’s the whole purpose. Everything – every setback – comes in order to raise us up higher.” – Rabbi Daniel Bortz
Check out the video below to watch our live interview:
- Return of the Bird Tribes by Ken Carey
- Soul Optimization Course taught by Rabbi Daniel Bortz and Julie Potiker
- Life Falls Apart, But You Don’t Have To: Mindful Methods For Staying Calm in the Midst of Chaos
- Mindful Methods for Life on Facebook
- Beneath The Surface: How to Live a Life of Purpose in Tune With Your Soul
- Soul X on Facebook
- Millennial Rabbi on Facebook
- Follow Millennial Rabbi on Instagram
- AnnPhotography.com – Contact Ann Landstrom at (760)-610-6263
- Learn More About Host Ken D. Foster