Today we discuss having a multinational mentality when creating a startup to allow for global expansion, learning how to recognize and tap into our superpowers, and improving our strategies for dealing with stress so that we can have more peace in our lives.
My first guest, Uri Adoni, is a highly visible ambassador for Israeli high-tech with over 20 years of experience in the space and was a partner at Jerusalem Venture Partners Media Labs for over 12 years, which is one of Israel’s leading venture capitals with an impressive track record of IPO’s on NASDAQ and M&A’s to large leading multinationals. He joins me today to discuss having a multinational mentality when creating a startup to allow for global expansion, important things to know when pitching a startup and appealing to investors in the COVID-19 environment, and how using the rules and mindset of Israeli chutzpah can increase a startup’s success.
My second guest, Dr. Dravon James, is the founder of Everyday Peace, the host of Everyday Peace on Unity Radio, and is a successful pharmacist, inspirational speaker, author, and actress with a goal is to educate, empower, and inspire others to build the life of their dreams no matter what shows up in their lives. She joins me today, just in time for National Stress Awareness Month, to share some tips on how to actually use stress for our personal benefit by learning healthy ways to cope with challenging situations and shares her prescription for turning stress into Everyday Peace.
- Important rules to understand when pitching a startup in the COVID-19 environment
- Key strategies for appealing to investors and raising funds right now in our present times
- How using the rules and mindset of Israeli chutzpah can increase a startup’s success
- Successful startups that used the rules of chutzpah and what they can teach us
- How entrepreneurs can evaluate a startup idea to determine if they’re able to see it through
- How to build a Minimal Viable Product in a relatively short time and with limited resources
- Having a multinational mentality when creating a startup to allow for global expansion
- Why our current coping strategies for dealing with stress have left us anxious/feeling incomplete
- How resisting stress takes up too much of our valuable time and creates more tension
- Changing our perception of stress and shifting our focus away from what we can’t control
- Utilizing the power of words and beginning an empowering process of positive self-talk
- Three easy steps to follow for turning stress into peaceful moments in our lives
- Recognizing your Superpower and harnessing the power of your innate gift of Freedom
Uri Adoni has over 20 years of experience in the high-tech space. He was a partner at Jerusalem Venture Partners Media Labs (www.jvpvc.com) for over 12 years – JVP is one of Israel’s leading venture capitals with an impressive track record of IPO’s on NASDAQ and M&A’s to large leading multinationals.
Adoni served on the board of several high-tech companies, both early and late stage. Prior to joining JVP, Uri was the CEO of MSN Israel (Microsoft Networks) and was one of Israel’s new media pioneers, as well as a partner at Geller-Nessis/Leo-Burnett Israel advertising agency, and a strategic planner at Ogilvy Israel, where he worked with Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble, IBM, Philips, Adidas and more.
He regularly addresses delegations from around the world in Israel, and has been a keynote speaker, panelist, and judge at high-tech conferences in the U.S., Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, Switzerland, and Ireland, among other places.
Adoni is a highly visible ambassador for Israeli high-tech and is also an angel investor, investing his own capital in early-stage startups. He recently departed from JVP to join a U.S.-based real estate entrepreneur who is developing a new and innovative approach for building local high-tech ecosystems and communities across the U.S.
Dr. Dravon James is the founder of Everyday Peace, the host of Everyday Peace on Unity Radio, a Life Coach, and the author of Freedom is Your Birthright. As an inspirational speaker, Dravon’s goal is to educate, empower, and inspire others to build the life of their dreams no matter what shows up in their lives – good, bad, or otherwise.
Her journey began in poverty on the South Side of Chicago. Though she had always dreamt of a career on the stage, Dravon went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacy from Creighton University and has worked as a pharmacist all of her adult life.
Along with her medical career and theatrical aspirations, Dravon has also always had a keen interest in personal development. After reading Norman Vincent Peale’s The Power of Positive Thinking in college, she went on to make a lifelong study of the power we all have to create the life we want.
Dravon is now the happy mother of two teenagers, a successful pharmacist, inspirational speaker, author, and actress whose career credits include a recurring role on HBO’s acclaimed “The Wire”, many stage plays, and independent films.
She continues to inspire and teach what she knows to be the most effective tool for transforming, creating, and building a spectacular life—tapping into Everyday Peace. Her client list includes the University of the District of Columbia, New Hope World Ministries, Today’s Care Adult Daycare, Stadium Place, and Next Chapter online radio.
Check out the videos below to watch our interviews:
- The Unstoppable Startup: Mastering Israel’s Secret Rules of Chutzpah by Uri Adoni
- Follow Uri Adoni on Facebook
- Follow Uri Adoni on Twitter
- Follow Uri Adoni on LinkedIn
- Everyday Peace on Unity Radio
- Freedom Is Your Birthright (Stepping Stone Series) by Dr. Dravon James
- The Courage to Change Everything: Daily Strategies and Essential Wisdom to Awaken Your Inner Genius by Ken D. Foster
- Contact JBK Wellness Labs at (888)-773-1307
- VillaKaliMa.com – Contact Villa Kali Ma at (619)-246-8862
- Villa Kali Ma on Facebook
- CuraLife.com – Use the coupon code “courage” at check out to receive $20 off your first order and 15% off your orders for the first year!
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow Ken D. Foster on LinkedIn
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is truly invaluable!